Erythropoietin (EPO) is a hormone that is mostly synthesised in the kidney and subsequently released into the blood. Erythropoietin stimulates the synthesis of red blood cells (erythropoiesis) in the bone marrow by binding to the erythropoietin receptor EPOR. You can buy epo online as well.
Erythropoietin is used as a replacement medication in patients who are lacking in EPO, which can occur in chronic renal disease. EPO has been proven to be involved in other tasks outside erythropoiesis because it is located in several tissues throughout the body.
In the presence of low blood oxygen levels, certain proteins induce the production of erythropoietin. Activated EPO attaches to related receptors (EPOR) on the surface of cells, such as erythroid precursor cells in the bone marrow, and triggers a metabolic reaction within the cells that stimulates the manufacture of red blood cells (erythropoiesis). Because many other cells express EPOR, it is now known that EPO plays a role in other cells and has functions other than erythropoiesis.
Under these conditions, erythropoietin stimulates the creation of red blood cells in the bone marrow and initiates haemoglobin synthesis, the pigment present in red cells that enhances the oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood. Try and buy epo online
One thing is certain, erythropoietin has a multifunctional activity. Aside from erythropoiesis, erythropoietin has been identified to conduct a wide range of functions like,
- EPO promotes the synthesis of enzymes that protect tissues from free oxygen radical damage.
- Erythropoietin promotes enhanced blood vessel development (angiogenesis). For example, greater angiogenesis in the pancreas protects against type 1 or type 2 diabetes.
- Improves learning and memory
- Promotes the development of the central nervous system and the heart
- Increased angiogenesis promotes tumour growth
- EPO improves the efficiency of cancer therapy.
- EPO is used to treat anaemia by increasing erythropoiesis.